3.18.2010

Thank. Goodness. It's. OVER!

Bye bye little green leprechauns, shamrocks. See yah Irish whiskey. Au revoir "St. Practice Day". Adios Irish car bombs and green beer. Hope you enjoyed taking over my March not to mention the tailend of February!

I have nothing against Irish people, honest. I mean how could I hate this...
(photo property of www.mimmnow.com)
It's just that I'm tired of it! In my industry, holidays come around about 4 weeks early, and linger until their glory day. It's not that bad, it's just that Halloween, St. Patty's Day and Cinco de Mayo all lose their hype!
Between my boss and I (we are the only two in the design department here) we did well over 150 design jobs for that green goblin. I promise you, when your 8-4's are covered in green, you learn to dislike it a little more!


End rant. To celebrate the holiday we went out for Mexican. I hope that doesn't mean I have to spend Cinco at an Irish pub! Although I do love a good cold Snakebite (Harp + cider, ever had one? Yum)!

PS. St Practice Day was any party held before yesterday. We had a lot of events this past weekend they marketed at St. Practice Days... ie getting you ready for the real thing!

8 comments:

alanna said...

aww well at least it's over now!! and who doesn't like mexican food?
seriously though i empathize wiht you...i'm the morale welfare and recreation officer, so even though i love holidays and events, i get SO. SICK. of planning for them!

Caroline said...

Glad you can relax. At least the margarita was green, right?

Katie said...

you're too funny. i was sick so no green alcoholic ANYTHING for me! i didn't even get out of my jammies!!! happy not st. patricks day anymore :)

Neely said...

I love this! IM not a huge fan of St. Patricks day but I do love the color green..

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

Glad you can relax now that its over! That marg looks amazing!

Tamara Nicole said...

ha ha funny post girly! I'm Irish and love the holiday, but don't go all out anymore:-) But I sure did enjoy my corned beef and green beer. Now on to other things though huh?!

Brittnei said...

Mmm. Garrard. :)

Sam said...

Amen to that!

Ooh, Gerard Butler <33