3.08.2010

Minus two wheels

Exciting news this weekend... Chrischris sold his motorcycle! He's decided at the end of last summer that he was going to try and sell it. He loved that thing more than the world (and probably more than me) but it was costing him as much as his car every month, and it just didn't make sense to have that right now!

Poor guy, every time he hears a bike now he gets a pouty face. I was sad for him too, when I bought Cammie I was so sad to have to sell my Pontiac, Vivica (yes, I do name my cars, so what!)

I've never been a big motorcycle fan, they scare me. It wasn't so much Chris' riding, but everyone else's driving. I swear everyone's so busy on their cell phone anymore they don't even pay attention and swerve across 4 lanes of traffic without even looking! This makes for a nervous girlfriend every time he would go out riding. With that being said though, I never discouraged him (I just threatened him that if he ever went without his helmet he would be single in a heartbeat)! I even got on the back a time or two, but not for distances longer than about 2 miles! Hey, you know by now I am a worrier!

Regardless, he's excited about the fact that he will no longer be making that monthly payment! He keeps telling me that that extra money is going towards our future home, woohoo!

3 comments:

Mateya said...

Yay for saving for your future home! So exciting :)

Gwen said...

Girl I feel you on the other drivers. My BIL was hit by a car while he was riding his Harley a few years ago. UGH!! Brian rides and so does my brother, Dad and BIL (yep even after all of that) and I worry about them every time they leave. I however won't ride with Brian because I worry about leaving Ellie without parents if something were to happen.

But yay for saving for a home!! XOXO

Kristin said...

That's a good man you've got there. Very responsible decision even though it hurt!