3.22.2010

Fight! Fight! Fight!

This past Friday we went to an Indiana Ice hockey game with a group of friends. It was my first hockey game, and even though our team is like... nowhere near pro, I had a blast!

I'd be lying if I said I went into the arena without the slightest hope of seeing a fight. I mean, really, if you go to a hockey game and don't want to see a fight, you're more of a saint than me!

My wishes were granted and we got to see not one, but two! They were just a few exchanged punches before the refs broke it up but man... the crowd got loud! Me and the girls couldn't help but laugh and we joked that we were cougars since, according to the roster, there were no players born before 1990!

On Saturday, I was supposed to meet up with some girls from Indy MQG but it was waay too pretty and the sunshine talked me out of that (sorry girls!!!) Chrischris was finishing a job painting a house, and after he got finished and showered we went to the canal. I love love love the canal, it's one of my favorite spots downtown. I used to always skip class and just go sit and people watch! Stupid me, wore flats though and after we walked the whole length of the canal and back I had blisters on my poor lil toes! We stopped at this relatively new cafe along the canal to get a drink and a snack, Creation Cafe, and I fell in love with the inside decor... it's a fun little place I want to go back and sit out on their deck that overlooks the canal!

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you... I snagged my little bit of Liberty of London at Target! Won't this look AWESOME full of cakeballs?! I got on target.com to grab the picture and noticed it was sold out, almost all of the LL stuff is sold out...crazy! I'm glad I snagged this, it was the last one at our store! Chrischris laughed at me because I was so smitten with it I didn't want to put it in the cart, I carried it all around the store with me!

Sunday, my lil lovebug of a niece came over with her daddy for a visit. The little stinker had on the BabyLegs I got her for her baby shower and seeing her little chubby legs peeking out at the top of them made me die!

I spent the rest of the day finishing up and quilting my LoveyDovey quilt I had started for.ever.ago!  I haven't had a ton of time to sew lately, and it makes me kinda sad. It felt so good to finally finish another one up though! I have to toss it in the wash so I can get it all crinkly and perfect but I'll try to post pictures soon!


Phew, are you still reading? Did I wear you out?! Our gorgeous sunny Saturday turned into a windy, dreary Sunday followed by a pouring down gloomy Monday. I'm hoping when I leave my windowless office at 4 there's atleast a bit of sunshine peaking out!


5 comments:

Krystal said...

I love love love Liberty line. I *wish* I had snagged one of the wallets or what you bought... but I think I missed out! It's all gone in my Target.

Sole Matters said...

I used to frequent hockey games and they are SO fun, especially when a fight breaks out!! That team is YOUNG!

Mateya said...

We have a hockey team like that here and all the guys are like 17 years old haha! It's okay, because you can't really see their baby faces through the masks :)

Caroline said...

Love Liberty line. So much cute stuff. Makes me want to be more organized so it'll be cuter. Hockey boys are cute!! And your weather sounds just like ours. Sucks. Cute baby pic!

Annie said...

OK...that Liberty piece is SO cute...and is gonna be great for cake balls! Yum.

I have been trying to stay out of target to save some $$....but this makes me want to go :)