3.02.2010

Less anxiety

I had my biopsy yesterday. It was supposed to be last week, but just as I was getting into the "procedure room" my doctor got called in for a delivery (those darn babies, poppin out at the most inconvenient times) so after a mini breakdown, I rescheduled for the middle of March. Talk about stressin a girl out, make her wait 3 more weeks! Luckily I was called the next day by a nurse telling me they had a cancellation, and I went in yesterday.

Honestly, it wasn't any better this time than the time before. I still nearly passed out and puked following the procedure (the same thing happened last time, and I even tried to lay there EXTRA long before gettin up and movin around but that apparently didn't help). I sure know how to make a scene huh. Two for two on ditching the checkout desk to make a mad dash for the bathroom. My mom had gone to the appointment with me, and I texted her from the bathroom asking her to come back there because all I could think about was how I was going to pass out & hit my head on the toilet or something!! Oh, the power of positive thinking!

My sweet doctor spent about 15 minutes reassuring me that everything would be fine and honestly I believe her, I feel a lot better about the whole situation now. I will have my biopsy results back next week, but I'm not going to stress myself too much over this! Thank you to all of you for your kind comments/emails regarding that last post on this situation. It's always nice to hear from others who have gone through the same thing or just words of encouragement!!

3 comments:

Alissa said...

I don't know the details of your procedures but I'm praying for your safety. I'm sure you'll continue to do great. Your niece Olivia is adorable.

Emily said...

oh, gosh...I can only imagine how awful it must have been. I'm totally sending positive vibes your way!

What's New with Mrs.T said...

Sending heathly vibes your way!!! Keep your head up.