10.11.2011

These jeans

Saturday morning I woke up, threw these jeans on and headed out the door to go help my aunt & uncle paint a bedroom.

I didn't think much of it at the time, but these jeans have some serious memories attached to them!

They're Hollister jeans. Pretty sure I got them my freshman year of high school. They were the first pair of "brand name" jeans I had, you know - the big step up from LEI and Mudd jeans.

They didn't always look this ragged. All through high school they were my favorite jeans. It wasn't until college, and all those art classes that they began to develop a personality.

Every hole and paint splatter was my own doing. I practically lived in these jeans from November to January of last year. Everyday I'd get home from work, strip out of my dress clothes, throw on leggings and then pull these jeans on (hence why nearly all my leggings have strategic splotches of paint on the knee) and work on my house.

There's a little bit of every room in my house on these jeans. A little bit of my lawn, a little bit of my basement and a little bit of others homes.

They might not look very pretty, but they make me smile. Cause every time I look down at em I think of all the things that were made pretty while in these jeans!
Photobucket

15 comments:

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

How cute! I so have an article of clothing like that except my is an Abercromie & Fitch fitted Tshirt!!!

Lacey in the City said...

Aww I love that! I love how creative you are...maybe for our fun girl's weekend that you, Al, and I will eventually have, we can do something fun and creative and artsy! Yes no maybe?!

Michelle (michabella) said...

You went out in public with those on?

Kidding ;) I love it.

whitney said...

so funny that we did a sentimental post today.

but i have a pair of those jeans too. luckily they still fit me. but nothing is better than putting on a pair of comfortable jeans and getting work done! :)

Amanda said...

I love that you are sentimental about jeans. I'm not sentimental about a lot of clothes, but there are some that hold a special place in my heart, surprisingly none are jeans.

P.S. Just realized how behind I am on your blog; prepare for lots of comments.

Mrs. Mama said...

Haha Oh Chelsea you crack my shit up.

my favorite part?

"a little bit of the lawn..."

um. to me? that means ....
drunk passed out on lawn.

been there. done that. check.

Mateya said...

Oh Hollister jeans. Loved them, but hated how I had to get such a big size beings they are created for elementary kids.

Mrs. H said...

Jealous that you still fit in your freshman high school jeans! I couldn't do it!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

hahah i hear ya on that!

Caroline said...

I am jealous that you can still wear jeans from high school. Sheesh!

Carolyn said...

I love this. :)

I'm playing blog catch up, and instead of commenting on all of the posts, I'll just do it here. Call me lazy.

Love the letters! I want a white iphone so badly!! And 23 is NOT old!!

Your mom is so sweet! Go mom!

Keep your head up lady. You'll find the right one. :) and you had to follow your heart. It's the only way you'll find what you're looking for.

LOVE YOU!

Al said...

Lady, LOVE that you posted this! I have a pair of jeans exactly like that - holes and paint splatters from every project I have done for the past 7 years. I could never ever get rid of them.

And so yes, I will pack those jeans when you, Lace and I play for a weekend - now you have to decide on something crafty for us to do ;)

xoxo!

Alyssa said...

Love that!

Kelly said...

Awwww, your first namebrand pair of jeans!! That is heavy stuff right there. Love that there are so many memories in those jeans, cute :-D

Marian said...

Gosh, I have a pair of trusty Hollister jeans too...though I pretty sure my thighs can't fit in them anymore:)