10.18.2011

Questions & Answers: The food & drink edition

You guys sent me nearly 3 full pages of questions! I started answering them this morning and immediately found myself gravitating towards the food ones (probably because I'm daydreaming of am all-you-can-eat biscuits&gravy and bacon buffet) so I'm going to divide them up into sections and have a few different posts!


1. If you were an alcoholic bevie (beverage) what would you be and why?! from MarcyXOXO
Um, this one took some serious thinking... but I'm gonna have to go with a Malibu & Pineapple.  They're best when they are on the beach, easy to get along with, just the right amount of kick! Besides, everybody loves em... even if they don't want to admit it!



2. What's your fave Indy restaurant? From Chelsea
I can't pick just one!
Favorite pizza - Maria's in Fountain Square
Favorite burgers - Boogie Burger in Broad Ripple
Favorite pub food - Chatham Tap on Mass Ave
Favorite comfort food - MugNBun in Speedway

Favorite I-eat-here-atleast-once-a-week place- El Meson in Plainfield





3.Why don't you like pumpkin? From Michabella
I'm not really sure - never have. I do love my mom's Pumpkin Rolls though. Maybe it's because I associate pumpkin directly with pies, and I hate pies?



4. Are you a picky eater? From Michabella
Not really. I love almost all fruits and vegetables. Avoid seafood unless it's raw, don't really like pork unless it's bacon, and not an egg fan unless they're deviled. I wouldn't say "picky", perhaps confused? ha!





5. Do you pick your nose? From Michabella
Yes, and fling it at people. How did you know?! Buuustedddd.



6. What's your favorite candy? From Amanda
Funny you ask... my favorite candy recently got ruined. It was Junior Mints, but now there's an extreme mental link between those and Scott, and I can't stand to call them my favorite anymore... so maybe Peppermint Patties or Andes Mints for the time being




7. What's something that almost always ends up in your shopping cart when you hit the grocery store? From Crystal

Source: observando.net via Lara on Pinterest

Popsicles. No joke... I always end up venturing down that aisle and buy more. Except I never eat but one or two outta the box once I get them home. My freezer is literally full of every variety of half-consumed boxes of popsicles  


8. What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? From Amanda
This is a toughie! It changes depending on season... in summer months I love flavored vodka + lemonade or cranberry juice, in colder months it's Red Stag & Dr. Pepper. Lately I've been obsessed with Whipped vodka and Whipped rum though! I can't stand most beers and am not a wine fan.



9. Your favorite drink? Alcoholic or non-alcoholic? Boxed wine--good or bad? From Whitney
Sorta answered this above, but my favorite non-alcoholic drink is probably sweet tea or chocolate milk. I don't do boxed wine, simply because I don't like many wines except Rieslings or Moscato's (aka candy wine) 




10. Beer or Wine? From Michabella
Beer. But only like Bud Light Lime or Woodchuck or something equally as non-beer-tasting


11. Chocolate or Vanilla? From Michabella
Chocolate. 


12. What kind of coffee do you brew in your brand new coffee pot?? From Whitney
Currently brewing: Members Mark (Sam's Club HOLLA!) Fair Trade coffee.... I also love the Dunkin Donuts coffee. I made the mistake of buying Folger's last time - blech. 

I also have some kopi luwak beans that were given to me by one of my favorite wine sales reps but I've been too afraid to try them yet! (Google kopi luwak if you don't know what they are- you'll see why I'm skeered)


13. What is your favorite recipe? Do you actually cook meals for yourself or do you just like to bake? From Mateya
 I refuse to cook a full meal for myself - it's a waste of time and money. But I love cooking if I'm going to have people over! My favorite things to make are dips (you know, pizza dip, buffalo chicken dip, spinach dip, fruit dip, Mediterranean dip, Mexican layer dip, Jalapeno popper dip, I could go on and on) but I mostly love to bake; cookies and cupcakes!




Oh, and I'm still laughing about how shocked everyone was by my height! Now I better get to work answering the other questions! If you have more feel free to add them to the list and I will answer them in one of the upcoming posts
Photobucket

12 comments:

Whit said...

noooo! you're making me HUNGRY!

Mateya said...

Oh I love dips too! Please post some of those dip recipes! Esp. jalapeno popper one!

Crystal said...

Now I want to go to an all biscuits & gravy & bacon buffet!

tara said...

Send me the popsicles you dont eat!!

Chelsea @ two twenty one said...

I've lived in Indy for 3 years, and I haven't been to any of those places. I guess I'm missing out!

The popsicles (I originally spelled poopsicles when I typed that, fyi) made my think of my husband. He always wants to get those giant bags of banana popsicles when we're at the store. Banana flavored things are gross to me so I shoot him down. Mean wife.

Chelsea @ two twenty one said...

I've lived in Indy for 3 years, and I haven't been to any of those places. I guess I'm missing out!

The popsicles (I originally spelled poopsicles when I typed that, fyi) made my think of my husband. He always wants to get those giant bags of banana popsicles when we're at the store. Banana flavored things are gross to me so I shoot him down. Mean wife.

Anonymous said...

I want stinking biscuits and gravy, dammit. Went to burger king and they were out this weekend. Went to Waffle house and they to were out. Am I gonna have to break down and make them myself?!

Ashley Slater said...

so I just randomly found your blog and I love that the first post I get to read is all about you! Now I feel like I know you a little bit! You have a new follower!

xo,
ashley
<a href="http://www.adventuresofnewlyweds.com>adventures of newlyweds></a>

Ashley Slater said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Slater said...

also, I never remember how to write my code correctly to link to my blog. BLOGGER FAIL! :)

try again:
xo,
ashley
adventures of newlyweds

Lacey in the City said...

Can you please share this jalapeno popper dip!? Sounds delish!

Amanda said...

I heart you even more after reading this. Mostly because you gravitated to food and booze (which is what I would have gravitated towards too). Thanks for answering my ?s