10.31.2011

Make it my Own Mondays

It's MiMO day!!
Last week you got to see Holly & I's first foray into Making it My Own... our little challenge to take Pinned outfits and, well, make 'em our own!

This week Holly picked out a super casual look for us involving stripes.
I. Love. Stripes. 
So clearly, I was pumped for a chance to recreate this outfit!

This past weeks' inspiration outfit:



And here's how I made it my own:
I switched up the colors a bit but stuck with the same pieces, swapping out the black jeans for a distressed pair and the tan sweater for an olive green one.

I struggle with NOT wearing a scarf once the weather cools down. I seriously incorporate them into my outfit everyday. I think I may need therapy. 



  Green Sweater: Target (SO SOFT!)
Grey Striped Tee: American Eagle (super old)
Skinny Jeans: American Eagle
Boots: Madden Girl (DSW)
Scarf: gift
Watch: Michael Kors


I tried the tall boot socks that peek out the top... but uh they weren't very flattering. I'm sorta bummed because I love that look! I think maybe I need to cheat and get the boot-toppers, because the super tall socks just looked awkward.

I spent most of my Saturday running errands and baking goodies for the Halloween Party, so this outfit was perfect! I'm loving that it's just as comfy to wear something like this as it is to wear a slouchy hoodie, jeans & tennis shoes.


Don't forget to go see how Holly made it her own!

Photobucket

14 comments:

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

l.o.v.e.

Michelle (michabella) said...

LOVE THIS OUTFIT! And what a bummer about the socks peeping from the boot. I love that look too! And girl...you rock those scarfs! No need for therapy.

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the boots :)

Marian said...

Please come to Maryland and go shopping with me. It would be fun. Then we could decorate my house. And then I could take you out for a night of whitegirlwasted crackertrashed debauchery . Whadyasay?!?

Lindsey said...

adorable! i need you to come help me dress every day! pretty please :)

Mateya said...

Love it! And I just about bought some boot toppers this weekend...maybe I should!

Carolyn said...

Good work! :) Another cute outfit!!

Molly said...

Love your take on the outfit, you look great. I need to get some boot toppers/socks. I'm loving the look, and seeing it all the time. Great outfit choice.

undomestic mama said...

Love your version of this. I went into Target this weekend intending to get a gray sweater like you suggested last week and realized I already own one!

Erica said...

Wait...boot toppers? What are these? I'm making my initial attempt at tall socks just peeking out at the top of my boots today, and I'm not sure about it. I think with the right socks it'd work, mine aren't working the best either.

Flor said...

love your outfit! and the scarf looks so good on you :)
Yes, what are boot toppers? Never heard of 'em! I'm petite in height so I'm worried about the high knee socks making me looks even shorter :)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Cute outfit! I love the boots!!

Jax said...

Super cute, friend! Good job!

Lacey in the City said...

Super cute, my dear!