10.24.2011

Make it my Own Mondays

Oh Pinterest.

Sometime last week Holly over at Running in Stilettos & I got to chatting about how we have pinned a million and one outfits (give or take a few) and it was time we actually started using them for inspiration instead of just letting those pins sit pretty on our respective boards.

So we decided to offer up a challenge of sorts to each other. Each week we are going to pick one outfit that one of us has pinned, recreate it at some point during the week, and then post our 'versions' on Mondays.

Just a fun little game to force us to wear things in ways we may not have normally thought of, remix our wardrobe a bit... and we figured we would share it with you all on here!

Without further ado, I present to you this past weeks' inspiration outfit:



And here's how I made it my own:
I went with a punchier color pallet, we had a really sunny weekend and it seemed more fitting! I made it my own with a striped pink button down, pink stone necklace & a purple belt.

Making it my own - week 1
The popped collar made me giggle when I was getting dressed
And the reason why I love these boots - they tie!

Gray Sweater: JCPenny's (old)
Pink Button Down: American Eagle
Skinny Jeans: Paige
Boots: Steve Madden
Necklace: Buckle
Belt: Old Navy

So, what do you think? Would you rock this look? I don't wear button downs under sweater's too often... honestly I feel like Ellen when I do, but this outfit was a lot more feminine! I actually really liked it, I think adding the belt made a huge difference too.


Don't forget to go see how Holly made it her own

Photobucket

22 comments:

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

Love it gurl! I need to do this! HOW FUN! I pin wayyyyyyyy too many things that I have never done...

Caroline said...

Cute!!! :)

Anonymous said...

bahahhaha ellen...

Michelle (michabella) said...

Oh hayyyyy gurl. You so fine.

Mateya said...

Love it! This is a great idea. I always say I need to bring my computer into my closet with me in the mornings because I never remember what I pin!

Anonymous said...

I think this is super cute! Love the idea of recreating a Pinterest find and sharing it. I look forward to your other recreations!

Shannon Dew said...

Great job! SEriously if Pinterest is good for anything it's fashion ideas!

Ashley @ The Sweet Life said...

I am really bad about that too! I actually save photos to my iPhone and use them when I'm shopping. Sometimes it's hard to realize that you have all of the parts you need. Way to go on following through with your pins!

tara said...

What a great idea! Those boots are SO cute!!

simply megan. said...

I just love the pop of pink!!

erica said...

Loving the outfits and how fabulous are your boots!

xo

Daniela said...

cute! I guess that's what all of these outfit posts are for, right? Inspiration , especially for Monday mornings when you just don't feel like it. :)

Erica said...

Love this post. Can't wait to see more...

Whit said...

so cute! i think i like your take on it MORE! :)

Carolyn said...

SO CUTE!!! I actually like the fun punch of color you did better than her more neutral options!

undomestic mama said...

I love that idea! Some day you should make this a link up. I think I repinned that outfit after you - I love it.

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

What a fun game!

It looks super cute on you, but I'd be nervous about rocking it. I get used to wearing things a certain way =/

Stephanie said...

So cute! I could NEVER put that together! Love it though!! xo

Jax said...

Haute! Love it! I tried an outfit I got from pinterest the other day and felt oh so fashionable! :)

Unknown said...

aww love it!! i need to do the same (:

Amanda said...

Yes, I would rock this look. Too bad I can't wear something like that to work. I need to start getting more adventurous in my outfits.

Lindsey said...

love this outfit! and those boots are to die for!