6.27.2011

Newspaper Theif: Revisited

What’s that saying… ‘if you can’t beat em, join em’? Or maybe it’s more along the lines with ‘keep your friends close, and your enemies closer’.

I remember telling Scott early on about the newspaper thief I live next to, and him cracking up as I rehashed the events from that evening when I watched the klepto strike with my own two eyes.

So imagine my surprise when one morning last week, I’m sitting at work and I get this message….
Scott had been helping me out a ton around the house this past few weeks getting it ready for my bash, and apparently was becoming BFF's with my neighbors in the meantime!

He talked about how sweet she was, but I wasn't convinced-- she stole my newspaper right off my driveway, afterall! However, I didn't want cops showing up because of noise disturbances or something, so I'm glad he made the effort and extended the peace pipe. 

She actually made an appearance at my housewarming bash Saturday night, side dishes in tow. As much as I hate to admit it, she's not some crazy klepto, she's actually kind of hilarious. And anyone who shows up at my front door with a batch of deviled eggs is welcomed with open arms.

Joann told me all about the lady who lived in my house before, and that she always keeps an eye out on it. She's silly. But I like her. She told me to "holler" sometime! Here's to making amends.



Photobucket

7 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I love that he is BFF with the newspaper thief! And holy shit, she made him a good, hearty breakfast!!! Ha!!

Michelle (michabella) said...

So proud of you. I cant believe she made him breakfast though!!! A dang good one too!!! Can't wait to hear how the party went! <3

Melissa Jo said...

That's wonderful ya'll are making 'amends' .. just curious.. was it a Sunday newspaper? Maybe she's a couponer!

Mrs. H said...

Can't wait to hear about the party and see pictures!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

That's great! Way to be.. neighborly :)

Mateya said...

I seriously love this. Too funny!

Carolyn said...

So funny! :)