6.28.2011

Ruffled feathers

Last night I received a text from a someone who is one half of a couple that Chris & I spent quite a bit of time with when we were together. We usually had a good time together, and Chris always enjoyed spending time with texter’s husband, however I wouldn't say texter and I are the best of friends... more like good acquaintances, that went to high school together.

The text read somethin along the lines of this “ha, this is funny, but kinda sad, _(husband)_ just got a text from someone saying 'do you not like me anymore or something?', guess who?!”... and it instantly ruffled my feathers. She was referring to Chris.

I've never been an ex-boyfriend basher, even when I had ex's who cheated on me. I have always chosen to take the high road, forgive and forget, move on, no sense in wasting energy on a grudge. Especially in this instance, where Chris never did me anywrong, we simply just fell out of love.

I tried to just ignore it, but couldn't help myself... I don't see what's funny/sad about someone trying to maintain a friendship, and I wouldn't want Chris to be anything but happy. I shot back something about how I don't really find it funny...  that if _(husband)_ doesn't watn to be friends with Chris maybe he should just tell him instead of making fun of him behind his back.

Am I being too mama bear'ish/protective of Chris? I think the part that really irritated me is that this isn't the first time she brought it up, a few months ago when her and I got dinner she laughed about how Chris had made plans with _(husband)_ but when the day rolled around husband just ignored Chris' texts/calls.

And the fact that we don't talk regularly, so she brings this up out of nowhere as if she wants to be patted on the back or high-fived or something?

I don't think she was expecting me to call her out on it, and eventually shot back something about how they are just so busy and have no free time. I just put my phone on silent and went to bed.

I've still got a bad taste in my mouth over it though. In my opinion- grow-up. No one wants fake friends, regardless of how you met them. If her husband doesn't want to hang out, be straight... don't make plans and always say "yea we'll get together" and then blow him off. Why even waste your time?! And especially don't run to me gloating about it like a dog that deserves a treat.

What would you have done? Was it silly of me to get defensive about it?
Photobucket

21 comments:

Alyssa said...

no! you did the right thing! that is so immature of her.

Caitlin said...

I don't think you were really being a mama bear/protective of him, I think you were just being a good person and standing up for the right thing. I just think it's immature when people want to bash another like that and gloat about it. So good for you for showing her that you weren't playing those games and don't agree with that behavior!

nicole said...

I agree, and I'm glad you took the high road!

Mateya said...

I think you are just being a good friend, not being mama bearish.

Why does she think you find it so funny or would even want to know about this? Does she think she is doing you a favor or something? Weird.

Melissa Jo said...

Your not being silly at at all, being rude to someone is uncalled for especially since there was no ill doings between any parties involved!

I would have taken the high road too, some people just look for drama!

ashley said...

I think you did the right thing...Chris sounds like a great person and as you said, did nothing wrong. Obviously texter and her husband need to grow up a bit and not be so bold. Nobody likes fake people.

Carolyn said...

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! It sounds like Chris would be better off without being friends with that person! I can't believe that!!!

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

You are so much of a better person than them! You are totally in the right... People do need to GROW THE EFF UP JUST SAYIN'... Can I get an amen??????? bwahahaha!

Lindsey said...

i think you did the right thing, regardless if you and chris are together - you still care about him as a person. she's just trying to ruffle your feathers.. and stir up some drama. I don't blame you for ignoring her for the rest of the night - i would have done the same thing. to respond with more would have given her the 1 up in the situation.

Lindsey said...

i think you did the right thing, regardless if you and chris are together - you still care about him as a person. she's just trying to ruffle your feathers.. and stir up some drama. I don't blame you for ignoring her for the rest of the night - i would have done the same thing. to respond with more would have given her the 1 up in the situation.

Lindsey said...

i think you did the right thing, regardless if you and chris are together - you still care about him as a person. she's just trying to ruffle your feathers.. and stir up some drama. I don't blame you for ignoring her for the rest of the night - i would have done the same thing. to respond with more would have given her the 1 up in the situation.

Jax said...

I dont think it's silly to get defensive about it and good for you for saying something instead of just letting it go. I mean, that's silly of her to do... and crappy, too. She needs to grow up. Just saying. Way to go, you!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Yes yes you def did the right thing. How immature of them and very hurtful to both you and Chris. I think it's really sweet and shows what a beautiful heart you have that you want him to be nothing but happy <3 I heart you, #betch <3

Mrs. Mama said...

good for you. It's sad that they didn't learn the first time. maybe they will get it now?

Aubrey S. said...

Chelsea, I think you're absolutely in the right here. And I'm proud of you for sticking up for Chris.

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

You did the right thing. Even though you aren't with Chris anymore, that doesn't mean you instanly don't care about his well-being. You're a good person with a big heart, which is why this bothered (and has been bothering) you. People like that need to grow up, get over it, and be mature. If someone isn't a friend, don't pretend like they are. Why waste the time and energy?

They need to get a hobby.

Hayden Reese said...

You definitely did the right thing. They are being very immature and petty. You are taking the high road and being the bigger person. It's a shame people enjoy causing problems and creating drama.

Lacey in the City said...

Oh girl, you totally did the right thing - I am proud of you! How freaking rude of her. And it sounds like she and her husband probably are deserving of each other, seeing that he stood Chris up for their "man-date" by just ignoring his calls and such when the day came around. People like that are just toxic to be around. Major high five to you for your response.

Kristen said...

I think you did the right thing for sure!

How rude of texters hubs to make plans with Chris and then just blow him off, and then to tell you about it?!? Weird.

Amanda said...

Good for you. So much better to take the high road, in my opinion. I'm proud of you! Honestly, some people just don't ever grow up, and we don't need to associate with them if we don't want.

You've got lots of bloggy blog friends (including me). And I'd be happy to send you love texts :)

Marian said...

Completely understand where you are coming from with this...I often vent about my family to Liam...and no matter how mad I am at them and what I could possibly be saying...the moment something negative comes out of his mouth...I'll flip out at him...because after all, only I am allowed to say bad things about them. This goes for many people in my life as well. We have a right to be protective