6.16.2011

Cali Chronicles - Part 2


California was both everything and nothing like I expected. Having never been to Southern California (or California at all for that matter), I told D I wanted the grand tour in the most non touristy way.


In 3 short days in SoCal I managed to 


-log a LOT of quality beach time! 


-Not tweet or facebook a single picture or check-in (torture. Pure torture!)

  -Eat Mexican food every day.


-Drink more milkshakes than I have in the past year combined.

 -Log more time at Cabo Cantina than any townies around.


-Ride a beach cruiser nearly 9 miles.


-Nearly die when I rode my bike off the sidewalk into sand.


-Also nearly die when I narrowly missed a tree on my bike. (in my defense, I hadn't ridden a bike in somewhere around 8 years... I think I did quite well)




 -Spend an entire evening shootin the shizzit with our new friends while cooking out at their beach house.



-Take a segway for a spin.



-Nearly die when I leaned too far to the left and started going in superfast circles

-Stroll along a SoCal pier. Nothing like they make it out to be on The OC!

I had a seriously good time, and have a newfound love in my heart for the left coast. As our weekend o' fun wrapped up, we made our way up to LA so I could board the redeye back to good ol' Indiana. 

While sitting in seat 21A I couldn't help but smile. This was SO not something the old Chelsea would have done, up and planned a trip in less than 12 hrs and kept it a complete secret... but it was so worth it!

Photobucket

16 comments:

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

Your so cute! So glad you had an amazing time! You deserve it girlfriend! Those unplanned adventures are the best ;)

Kerr said...

fun! I could eat mexican every day too

Annie said...

Looks fun!!! I could totally go for some beach time about now!!

ashley said...

Good girl, so random, spontaneous and fun! Love it. :) Keep them coming please...love hearing all about the fun!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Love it! Being spontaneous is amazing!

Jen said...

Fun!!!! I sooo miss the mexican good in Cali. I can't wait to get back to best coast next week (my hometown of vegas is close enough to cali, I may take a roadtrip woo hoo). You definitely kept busy!!

Carolyn said...

Looks like a great trip!! :) I wish I could be that spontaneous!

(and let me just say... I'm more than a little jealous of the amazing tan you have! LOL)

Jamie Pickle said...

Awesome that you were able to up and leave so quickly. I strive to be more like that. Glad you had fun in good ol' Cal-iforn-I-A.

Melissa Jo said...

That's sounds like a trip that I need to take myself! Looks like you had a great time, those margaritas looked to die for!

Anonymous said...

You've made me want to make a new goal: Be Spontaneous!

tara said...

Omg. You are so skinny and so tan!! Yes,thats all I can think about after reading the whole post!

erica said...

Looks like an absolutely fabulous time and I am so jealous of your tan! Love your blog and I am your newest follower!

xo

Michelle (michabella) said...

You are SO cute! AND TAN! Betch.

I would def say that trip was so worth it :) Uber fun. But... I demand you take me with you next time ;) <3

Britt said...

It sounds like such a great trip! I remember my first time on the Newport Pier-it was nothing like The OC. I was pretty disappointed. haha

Kristin said...

Looks amazing! I'm super jealous.

Mateya said...

Love it! Now I want a milkshake and a margarita.

And you "almost died" quite a few times on that trip. Glad you made it home safe :)