3.31.2011

What's the world coming to

Sometimes I wonder if I'm living in a sitcom.

Yesterday afternoon after work, I pull into my garage, shut the door, go inside, get my mail, set my crap down... you know, the usual.

I am standing at my kitchen counter flipping through my mail when I happen to glance out my window, and see my greyhaired neighbor trekkin through her yard into mine, with an arm full of mail and her newspaper. I just stand there watching her, because honestly I've seen this woman MAYBE once since I bought the house.


I thought maybe she had seen me pull in and was coming to my front door to introduce herself or something? But as I continue to watch, I see her heading towards the street, not my front door. I keep an eye on her as she moseys down my driveway and snatches up my newspaper too!


I stood there completely baffled as she looked around, and then headed back to her house. I just watched an old lady blatantly steal my newspaper!

Honestly, what was I supposed to do?! Well, besides post it as my facebook status of course.. which immediately got a bunch of 'likes' and jokes being cracked. But wow!

I mean, do I always read the newspaper? No. But I always bring it inside! It's not like it had been sitting down there for days upon days and she was sick of looking at it... it had just been delivered today!
(I snapped this a few moments later when she came out to spray weeds or something)

I would have gave it to her if she had just asked... but to steal my newspaper right out of my driveway  - it's on lady. You and me, we're at war.



Photobucket

21 comments:

Becca Christensen said...

Bahahaha how hilarious. And odd.

You should get her back. : ] Prank war.

Anonymous said...

hahahhaha. You should totally confront her. See what she does!

So shay said...

Omgoodness!!! Hahahaha! I would have walked outside and said, "If you are going to steal my newspaper, atleast leave me section C. " Or something! I would say something, but that's just me. My husband would probably tell me to not worry about it but if you put her on the spot she most likely won't ever do it again. The pictures of her crack me up!!!

Jenna said...

hahaha old women are crazyyy

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Hahahaha!!! OH MY GOSH! You have a newspaper stealer on your hands?! Who would have thunk? Maybe she one of those extreme couponers! Ha!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is crazy! I would totally say something like Shalyn said...something witty but polite at the same time. Oh well. Maybe she really needed it. For what, I have no idea!!

Jessica said...

That's crazy. Funny but... kind of sad at the same time. :-\

Kristin said...

That is HILARIOUS! I love that you were taking pictures of her! Proof!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness, that is crazy! Love it...

Hahaaaa...and the pictures!

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is HILARIOUS. You should go ask her "have you seen anyone suspicious around lately? Someone's been stealing my newspapers!!" LOL

Mateya said...

Oh my gosh too funny! I can't believe that...you should put a note in her mailbox or something hah! I would never be able to say something to her in person, but at least she would know that you KNOW she took it!

Charleston Girl said...

Wow! Some people feel so entitled!! You should tape a funny notecard to the newspaper on the bottom that says "Thanks for making me laugh - watched you take this the other day. It's yours. Enjoy it!" :)

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

LMAO! That is hilarious.. What a weirdo..

Jamie Pickle said...

WHAT?!?! This is funny, but so not cool.

Jamie Pickle said...

WHAT?!?! This is funny, but so not cool.

Brandi said...

Oh wow! I can't believe that!! I would have been so pissed! Knowing me, I would have bolted out of the house screaming "and what do you think you're doing old one!" Lol! I'm sorry she stole your paper :( Keep an eye on that one!

tara said...

hahahahaha ohmygod. i love this!!

Katie said...

hilarious perhaps there was something she wanted to see from it.

Neely said...

IM DYING at this post! HILARIOUS!

Annie said...

NO WAY!!!!!!!! This is too much!!

Christi said...

haha!!

1. you are one of the few who still get the paper. be proud!!

2. love the table cloths turned drapes.

3. your blog is adorable ... so glad i found you today!