3.08.2011

Sitting Room sneak peak

(Sitting room photo from the original MLS listing)

My sitting room got some TLC this weekend! It was much needed... this is the room you first walk in to when coming in the side door (aka the door most commonly used from the garage or driveway, or ALL THE TIME)


So, after tearing out the ceiling in the sitting room, I figured what better time to actually get the walls painted and make that room into something more than tool storage!


This room has my favorite floors, as I showed you in this post, and I knew I wanted a yummy, buttery yellow to go with them!
I had originally chosen (swatch #1) Sherwin Williams June Day (SW6682) but it looked a little too bright  yellow whereas I wanted something deeper and warmer, so I went back to Lowe's (I always use the Valspar paint from Lowe's and have them color match to whatever shade) and the lovely gal tinted it to some random swatch I found there. Much better!

(Apologies for the dark photos, I'll try to snap some better ones today!)

Now I just need to add baseboards and a ceiling (I have big plans for the ceiling that I will share soon!!)

Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great!! I love the floors :) did they have them covered before? I never understand why people cover real wood floors! I can't wait to see the ceiling!

xoxo
Jess

Neely said...

You have fantastic taste Chelsea I have loved watching while you decorate! So fun!

Unknown said...

It looks amazing!!

BRANDEE said...

Looks really cute, I have the exact same hoosier cabinet that you have. I redid mine a deep red color and trying to figure out where in the worl to put it in my house now.

Abby said...

Can't wait to see the ceiling! I'm so impressed!

Annie said...

I love all of your Before and After shots!!

Brandi said...

Very nice job!!