4.05.2011

My proudest moment

I was at Target Friday afternoon, just perusing the aisles when I saw these table clothes on an Easter themed endcap. Teal with a bold geometric print. It had to be mine!

And then I added three more to my cart.

Did you just do the same thing that the Target checkout girl did... "FOUR TABLECLOTHES... ARE YOU HAVING A PARTY!?"

I told her yes, because, well I just didn't feel like explaining to be honest. I was on a mission, and I didn't want to stand around chatting - I had to get home!

Are you curious yet? Maybe just a little bit?? I'll give you a hint... I don't even HAVE four tables in my house.

Well, my friends.. I'll indulge you in my little secret. I hung table clothes as curtains!

(phew - turn a blind eye to that trainwreck of a dining room table please!)

I simply hung them using the little alligator clip curtain hooks! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!


I love them! They were just what I was looking for!! And I love even more that for $40 I got 4 'curtain panels'.

And the best part... if I ever need a table cloth in a pinch, I am SET! ;)

*Tip: if you want to do something similar, make sure the table clothes you purchase are 84"in length, this is a common table cloth size (and also standard curtain length). These were 60"x84" which is slightly wider than standard curtains, but no big deal!

Photobucket

24 comments:

Kristen said...

I love it! What a great idea!

Becca Christensen said...

Ohemgee. I'm pretty much so impressed with you I don't even know what to say! You.are.awesome.

Love love love love LOVE it!

B

Cindy said...

That is the best idea ever! My hubby and I looked FOREVER for curtains (and finally found some) but now I almost want to take them down and find awesome tablecloths to use instead!!! Great idea!!

Erica said...

They look great! I love the blue in that room...unexpected but looks so good with the wall color!

Michelle said...

You are a genius!!! I would have never thought to do that! I have been cruising for new curtains for what seems like eternity...I now know I can look for something like this!!!

Chelsea said...

girl you are talented! Love them.

Ashley said...

You are just way to smart and crafty! I am so jealous of your skills. :)

They look great, now when you are all done at your place can you come decorate/paint mine?

Lexilooo said...

love it!

krystal said...

Holy amazing! :) I have to buy curtains for our ENTIRE house and I'm kind of blehhh with everything that exists that's affordable... I never would have thought. I think I might try this. :)

Anonymous said...

SO dang clever, girl! I love that color and design too!!

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea! :)

Mrs. H said...

Great idea and they look fabulous! I've also heard of people using curtains as shower curtains. The things you can do when you get a little creative!

JaggedLittleJenn said...

So cute! I need you to help me get some curtains for my awful living room.. and possibly bedroom. haha

Melissa Jo said...

Love it! I have definitely used a fabric from a shower curtain cut & sewn in the middle for curtains!

Brandi said...

Looks great! You are so creative! I thwould have never ought of turning the table cloths into curtains! Awesome idea! :)

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh that is such a great idea! I saw those tablecloths at Target but didn't have a table for them, I never thought about hanging them for curtains!!

Mateya said...

Love it! Awesome! I would have never thought of such a thing!

Jamie Pickle said...

Very creative!! I love the way the look.

Alison Kinsey said...

i would never have guessed! this is such a cool idea. and the print is just fabulous!!!

love jenny xoxo said...

you are so creative!! That looks great!!!

XOXO

undomestic mama said...

I looked at the first pic and thought, "Woah those would be cute cirtains." And then I kept reading - I'm very impressed! I might just have to go look for them at our Target.

Lauren said...

Oh I just LOVE them! I never would have thought to do that. I need curtains for my room at the new condo... Might have to go tablecloth shopping!! :)

Kerr said...

they look great!

Jessie said...

We really do have the same dining room color. Yours looks so much better!!ha. I love the curtains.