1.04.2012

El Cheapo and DIY wall decor

I actually did a bit of decorating this past week, believe it or not! Maybe my anti-house-project attitude is finally starting to wear off? Not long ago, I was wondering through Anthropologie & picked up this packet of gift wrap. With absolutely no intent of wrapping any gifts with it (does that sound grinch-ish or what?!)
I had bigger plans.
 A little bit of patience, a lot of ModPodge and a set of gold-gilded hands later, I had a pretty cute little piece of art to adorn my bedroom wall!

Coupled with a $6 flower painting I picked up from the antique mall, a navy-hued crayon canvas I made over the summer and a oil-pastels-didn't-work-for-my-hair-so-I-actually-made-art-with-them piece (inspired by this)...

I now have quite possibly the cheapest bundle of artwork EVER hanging in my bedroom. I have plans to add a few more pieces to it too. But that may have to wait, because I am planning a jumbo bedroom overhaul here soon. I can't wait to share THAT, at a later date! Photobucket

8 comments:

My Life as A Plate said...

so cute, so creative I love the art.

Michelle (michabella) said...

LOVE IT ALL!!!!!! :)

Caroline said...

looks great!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

I need to decorate, but I suck at it.

Unknown said...

You are quite the talented lady! looks fab!

Amanda said...

Overhaul!? Oh I can't wait!!! Love your bargain art work though :) I need to get me some now...

Jen said...

LOVE the artwork! :)

Unknown said...

Super cute idea! Wish I was brave about mixing art. I am still learning about wall decor though.