8.04.2011

Color my world

Sometimes, at 9:45 on a Wednesday night, I drag HJ to Walmart on a HAVETOGONOW trip triggered by a spur-of-the-moment desire for arts&crafts hour.

He obliges. Smart boy.

The inspiration this time

Source: etsy.com via Chelsea on Pinterest




A rainbowfied canvas created from Crayolas.

I have had a large canvas sitting in my craft room for a few months awaiting it's destiny, so all we had to pick up from Wallyworld was a cheap glue gun and a jumbo box of crayons.

I decided to go with a pinks/reds/purples/golds in my piece... rainbows just aren't really my thing!

HJ became the crayon paper peeling extraordinaire, and I, a master of dripping hot crayon wax on myself. Multiple times.





I absolutely love how it turned out... and I'm not gonna lie, it was way fun process. I already have big plans for creating a few others!
I'm not sure where I'm going to hang this bad boy yet, but I'm sure I can find somewhere!
Photobucket

24 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

Just stop. You and your craftiness. Seriously...we would be the best roommates. Always have something craft related going on in my head. We would be running to wally world at midnight, which is scary.

I saw this and have been wanting to do it! Just might give it a try now. I too have some canvases keeping me company in my room.

LOVES.

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

That's uber cute! Loves it. I need to be bitten by the craft bug =/

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, you're so talented! Mine would've come out looking all sorts of hot mess.

Mateya said...

I really love this. And i think I might even be able to do it haha!

That HJ he's just the best, I tell ya!

Anonymous said...

We really need to be bff/neighbors/something cool so you can craft with me. I love this!

krystal said...

NEATO! I love seeing people take pins and turning them into real life :) Looks fun1

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I would never even think of doing something like this. So amazing!!

Make me one? lolz

Chelsea said...

You are so creative!!!! LOVE IT.

Caitlin said...

Your craftiness is killing me lately. So neat! I saw this on pinterest but figured it wouldn't turn out that pretty in real life, but I love yours!

Anonymous said...

this is awesome! I'm sure this is a dumb question but do you just use the crayons as the "glue sticks"??

Jessica said...

Wow! that turned out really great!! And yeah to Mandy's question - do you use the crayons as the glue sticks?

Mrs. H said...

Very creative! Love the way it turned out.

Just Add Walter said...

I am craft-challenged -- I dont even understand how this was made... we need details -- it is so neat!!

Just Add Walter said...

ok I get it now... just read the description on etsy. this is awesome!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

COOL!!

I want to use aqua and blues in my master bedroom, so it'd be awesome to use just those specific colors.

Beautiful :)

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

And do give details as to how you made it, please! You've inspired me. It'd be cute to make several smaller canvases too :)

Annie said...

so cool!! i saw that on pinterest!!

Allison said...

I have been wanting to do this, just haven't been to the store to buy a new canvas. I LOVE it! :)

tara said...

Eeeee I lovesss it!!!!! Make me one!!!

Lauren said...

I love this!!!

Marian said...

When I saw the first image...the thing that popped into my mind was that you melted the crayons with a hair dryer...bahahahahaha. And um, we need to be neighbors so you can show me all these crafty ideas!

Selina. said...

that's so cool! i must try!!

Anonymous said...

That

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! how did you melt the crayons?