12.06.2010

Today's word is brick

It was decided early on that taking the faux brick paneling out of the kitchen just wasn't an option now. Maybe down the road, but not now. Too much work and time.
So then I decided to paint it, and then I saw the Gossip Girl wall and started contemplating that route (read about it here). Ultimately I decided that even though I loved their wall, it just didn't go with my house. It was too punchy and urban. I wanted cozy cottage kitchen, not modern, swanky kitchen. So we took about 3 different mistint tan paints from Lowe's (does anyone else buy these - $5 for a gallon!), mixed em together, and my momma went to town painting the brick Friday night. 


I can't believe how big of a difference it makes! I know longer have to worry about Big Bird popping in to my Sesame Street red brick kitchen!
Photobucket

21 comments:

C Mae said...

The new paint job is wayyyyyy better than the red. Good work!! Kudos to you and your momma!

Neely said...

CHelsea that looks badass!

Abby said...

Omiword, I LOVE it! Great job!

Mrs. D said...

It looks great! What a huge difference. I'm always a huge fan of mistint paint-- total bargain.

Laura said...

That made SUCH a big difference! I love it!

Annie said...

It looks REALLLLLY good!!

Lisa said...

Hats off to you for a painting job well done. By the way, I'm holding a giveaway on my blog for Orglamix Organic makeup and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/12/orglamix-organic-mineral-makeup-review.html

Brittany said...

great update! Seen it on fb too! looks fabulous!!!

Candice Pair said...

Oh I love it! I think it adds so much character...faux or not! Great paint color, too!

Anonymous said...

That really looks so much better! Really lightens and brightens the space, and you managed to get a really nice color out of the mistints too. Great job!

Also wanted to say thank you so much for following my blog. :-) Have a great week!

Al said...

Looks fabulous darlin!

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

LOVE THIS GIRL!!!!

Alexson said...

Looks awesome!

Mrs. H said...

haha - love it! It looks very Potter Barnish! (If that's a word?!)

Mateya said...

It looks amazing...so much better!

Jamie Pickle said...

Looks great!!

Lindsey said...

oh my gosh - what a difference the paint makes - it looks amazing!

Kristen said...

Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do?

Love it!

Tina said...

Ooooh the painted brick looks great!! lol to think it was red huh?? it looks so niiice!! cant wait to see the finished product!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

I love it! Looks amazing.

Lauren said...

Hahahaha why Chelsea, why don't you want to live on the Sesame Street set??! :) Looks so much better, what a dramatic and immediate improvement!