3.22.2012

Would you expect any less from me

Like all good stories, this one started with a wiener.

Wait, what? Just kidding guys...
Although, really, it did.



Let me back up first though.... when we first started planning our little girls trip, we quickly learned there is no longer an easy way to get from Indy to Punta Cana. Almost all of the flights involved an overnight layover.  Being the vacation brats that we are, we started searching surrounding airports. Cincinnati, Chicago and Louisville are all within 3 hours of Indy - we were determined to find SOMETHING better!

We ended up booking our flights out of Chicago O'Hare, saving a HUGE bundle of cash, and scoring a direct flight to Punta Cana (a direct flight at Spring Break, that's nearly unheard of these days?!)

So Saturday afternoon we piled into the car and roadtripped our way up I-65 North. After a pitstop in the heart of Chicago for pizza, we continued onto our hotel only to find the most iconic piece of Americana known to man, the Oscar Meyer Weiner-mobile was also sharing the hotel with us.

We did what any respectable group of women would do... giggled profusely as we made off-handed comments about touching the wiener, grappled at it's size, and posted pictures on Facebook.

Because really, when that happens the first night of your vacation, you know it's going to be a good week.
 Photobucket

14 comments:

whitney said...

are you rubbing the wiener??

because from here...that's what it looks like.

Mrs. Mama said...

we are clearly BFFs and we haven't even met yet. you have MY kind of sense of humor.

again, why have we not met yet? We only live driving distance away!

Monica said...

Haha! Sounds like my friends and I every time we see it!

Mary said...

haha that's awesome! Next time you're in Chicago let me know!

Caroline said...

I saw it in Memphis a couple of weeks ago. Too funny!

Kelly said...

CUTE! :-D Too funny!! We drove past the Weinermobile on the road once and I about died trying to take a photo of it.

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Haha... That's awesome. I saw it my city about a year ago. I went home and grabbed my hubby and camera...and then did what you did,,, took pictures :)

Robin said...

Haha! Your opening line had me giggling already, I know I'm going to love your blog! Sounds like the perfect start to a vacation...can't wait to read about the rest!

Adrienne said...

That's awesome! A classic beginning to any girls' trip, I'd say ;)

Emily said...

haha that is so awesome! I hope I get to run into it one day!...that sounds wierd. hahah

Unknown said...

This is hilarious ! What a way to start a trip! Also, I saw one of those last summer and seriously thought that they would be selling hot dogs, talk about depressed. I was so sad lol

Kenj said...

This is simply awesome.

Where did you stay in punta cana..im going there this summer! I am beyond stoked.

Jen said...

Hilarious!!! I love it! :)

Jax said...

hahaha.. awesome. And digging how you wrote this withi the pictures first.. haha! Fantastic!