5.21.2012

la la life


The best part about having a blog is being able to snoop on what you were doing around this time last year without having to consult the dreaded Facebook Timeline.

For some reason, every year around race time I always start reflecting on the year. Maybe because the 500 is the one constant in Indy year after year so it just makes sense to use it as a mile marker.

So if you ignore the part about falling hard for a guy who turned out to be a tool, my early summer last year was nothing shy of amazing. This year is competing to steal that title though.

You may have noticed, I very rarely complain about life. In my opinion life is exactly what you want it to be - so even if I'm having a rotten day, if someone asks I simply reply its fan'freakin-tastic. And by the time they get done laughing I've cracked a smile and my 'fake it til you make it' stance has worked.

Truth is, things ARE good. I've got a rat pack of a posse that causes hilarious amounts of trouble with me, a cute boy who's whittling his way into my heart,  a house that I can't ever seem to keep clean, a dog that's a rotten brat, a family who never ceases to amaze me and a job that is nothing shy of a party most of the time.

I like life. It's pretty good to me! 
Photobucket

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Awww, happy you're happy :-) You're right, life IS good!

Erica said...

This is good, glad to read your chipperness. Sorry I've been such a complainer lately. :/

Marian said...

I hate the Facebook Timeline. I WILL NOT GIVE IN!

PS- I love this post!

Mateya said...

Good stuff girl :)

Jen said...

Wonderful post!!

Chelsea said...

Always liked this quote! Great post :)

Chelsea said...

Always liked this quote! Great post :)

Amber said...

Honestly, I needed this. I seriously need to work on making sure that the impression I leave is one of an upbeat person! I am so grateful to have all the wonderful things I do, yet sometimes it doesnt come across the way it should.
Amazing :)

Melissa Jo said...

FB timeline blows! I'm so glad you have found your happy right, it's a hard place and a lot of people never find it... lucky!

Mary said...

So happy you're happy! It's fun to read!

whitney said...

you forgot to mentioned your online girl-friend.

i.e. ME

undomestic mama said...

Such a good motto and outlook!