5.07.2012

Get a little mud on the tires

(Could also be titled: This is why we can't have nice things) 

I was soaking up the sun in my backyard, with a cold drink and a good book Saturday afternoon when my phone started ringing.

"Can you be ready in 20 minutes?" she asked.

"HA... no way, I just finished mowing my grass & am gross" I argued


"I'll be at your house in 25 minutes. You don't need to shower. See you soon" Then she hung up.

I roll my eyes, Brit is always up to some sort of shenanigans. I collect my stuff & wander inside to change out of my sweaty grass covered clothes and text her to see what exactly I was supposed to wear to this afternoon of debauchery that I was being kidnapped for.

Her response: shorts, tank top, your boots.

My excitement was peaked. I embrace any chance to don the cowboy boots. 45 minutes later we pulled off the country road onto this property and it became evident what I was getting myself into

A whole lotta muddin was goin on





Naturally, I was like a kid on Christmas morning and it didn't take long to go from this...

to this.

Brit & I grabbed a bucket of beer and hopped in the back of one of her friends pick-ups, and the four of us went and got stuck real good.


 before... and after. HA! (In hindsight, sitting in the bed with a cooler, beers, cornhole boards and these large metal pipes was a TERRIBLE idea. I cannot tell you how bruised up I am now)




Naturally, Boone's Farm was consumed straight from the bottle. Once that ran out we turned to Jack.



Then things got REAL interesting. The night ended in cornhole, bonfires and all around shootin the shit in the bed of a pickup truck.

Oh how I love those country nights.

Photobucket

16 comments:

Heather said...

Gosh, I haven't been mudhogging in so long! Love it.

MonicaLeeBlog said...

Ommmgggg this looks like so much fun!! I love random outings like that! haha Yay for fun times!! :]

Sandra said...

Perfection. Gosh you just took me back to my high school days. Those were the days! Once, I too made the mistake of riding in the bed of a pickup truck. My hip ended up with the biggest/darkest bruise!

Nikki said...

Ha! This looks like so much fun! Where do you live that you can even do something like this?

Michelle (michabella) said...

AWESOME, haha. Gettin' dirrrtttyyy!

sea to shining port said...

Wow, that's pretty much the perfect day/night!! Reminds me of home :)

Caitlin

Mateya said...

I still can't believe you did this. I have not even come close to doing something like this...I am very impressed haha!

Kenj said...

This is exactly why I love country festivals and country living..too bad this doesn't come too often for a girl in Rhode Island!

Caroline said...

OMG! I've never done this, but it looks like such fun!

Monica said...

looks like a great time to me!

Jessica said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend :)

Alyssa said...

That looks so fun! I think I need to move!

Betsy said...

Super Jealous!!

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

Ahh be still my heart! I'm so jealous! Its been forever since I got a day/night like that

Al said...

Ahhh the country. Home :)

You rock the boots, babe. Well done! Glad you had such an awesome time, and a friend who is up for anything!

xoxo

Tiffany said...

I am so jealous right now. I love nothing more than a day in the mud.