11.07.2011

Make it My Own Monday & exciting news

Morning all!
Holly and I picked out a pretty sassy little outfit for last week's MiMO Challenge


THIS very outfit, which I pinned a few months ago, was the dang reason for my wild goose chase, aka the great grey boot hunt of 2011.

However, I'd like to think it paid off!

I turned this very boring bit of cotton essentials....
Into this super cute (and awfully comfy) outfit!


If we're being honest... that grey dress is what I typically throw on in the summer as a swimsuit cover up.

I also belted my blazer, added the plaid scarf and some wrist bling to kick it up a notch.


Grey Dress: Forever21 (few years old)
Black leggings: Target
Blazer: Charlotte Russe (few years old)
Boots: Elle (from Kohls)
Scarf: Forever21(few years old)
Belt:NY&Co (few years old)
Watch: Michael Kors
Daughter Bracelet: Brighton (gift from my momma)
Silver Bracelet: ForLove21

And also some exciting news....
We have had such rave reviews about our MiMO Mondays that Holly & I have decided to make it a link-up for anyone else who wants to join in on the challenge and Make it Their Own! 

Your mission:
Take this outfit and Make It Your Own at some point this week...

Then come back to either Holly or I's blog next Monday to see how we made it our own, and then add a link to your post showing us your twist on it too! 

We're really excited to see everyone's unique versions on the outfits every week!  

Photobucket

19 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

Okay okay. THIS is my favorite outfit!!!! The way you turned it around....LOVE IT!!!!!! And I have that grey dress toooo! It is def an over the swimsuit dress :) You hot lil momma. I love MiMO Mondays!

Holly said...

OMG! Your outfit was adorbs! I love it! You are too stinkin' cute! I'm posting mine now!!!

Ashley @ The Sweet Life said...

Your outfit is so so cute! And I love the boots!

Daniela said...

I love this! great idea if you're stuck on what to wear..I might have to get involved ;)

Amanda said...

I need you to come dress me because I clearly need some help to look cute like you! If only I could wear something like that to work...

Heather said...

I love this outfit!! Too cute.

Shannon Dew said...

THIS.IS.FAB. seriously so cute!!!

undomestic mama said...

I think this is my fave so far. I've been saying I need a black blazer for awhile now.

Mateya said...

You rocked this outfit! Seriously, suuuuper cute! Love it!

tara said...

You are so cute!! You are a pro at this!

Jax said...

So fun! I want to play! I wnat to play! I'm actually wearing a skirt that will work PERFECTLY for next week's Make it My Own, so I'll have to do it late week.. aka when people won't realize I jut wore this same skirt. haha.. :) Fun stuff! Definitely will link up!

Unknown said...

i LOVE this idea! do you know how many outfits i pin thinking to myself hmm i should really try that one day...and haven't gotten around to it? yea you know haha. fab boots btw :)

Marian said...

Looking good girl. Meow! Can I get your number;)

Um and love the idea for the link up...if only I was that fashionable. Maybe I can try this week:)

Mallory said...

This outfit is ADORABLE! I need to go through my closet and see what I can pull together:)

deertale said...

Such a cute outfit. i love this idea for your weekly posts, it's so fun seeing what you pick out!

Emily said...

love your outfit!! Its crazy how a blazer and a scarf can change something so much!! glad i found your blog :)

Ashley said...

I love love love this outfit! I could really use some grey boots too. Blazers are such a necessity too.... I can't believe I don't own one yet. Great job adding your own touches to that outfit. Love it!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

I'd love to participate in a link up like this... but I think I'd rather it be a "pick your own" pin or outfit and recreate it, ya know?

Unknown said...

So adorable!!! I love everything about your outfit.

xo,
Shannon
http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/