1.26.2010

Top 2 Tuesday : Top 2 Favorite Recipes

Taylor over at Jimmy Choos & A Baby Too offered up her Top 2 Favorite Recipes, and I decided to play along.

My number 1 new favorite recipe is for the Bow Tie Ziti dish that I posted about here . It was sooo good, we've been waiting for an occasion to make it again (because it serves way more than the two of us can eat!!)



My second favorite recipe is my Red Velvet Cookies. Sounds intimidating right? Not at all. All the deliciousness of red velvet cake, in a cookie form. With the cream cheese icing too.

Simply take a box of red velvet cake mix, add 2 eggs and a 1/3c. of oil. Mix together in a mixer and then roll into about 1" balls on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten them down a little (depending on how thick you want them), then just bake at 375F for 8-11 minutes (the tops will crackle slightly)

You can use any ol cream cheese icing recipe or even buy a tub of it at your grocery store. These literally take me about 20 minutes to bake, and I just come back and ice them later after they cool. SUPER simple, and everyone is always asking for the recipe because they are so good!

2 comments:

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

Yum! Cant wait to try these out girl! Thanks for linking up!

tara said...

red velvet cookies?! they sound addicting in a good way, ha!