12.09.2011

Mixer & Mingle Friday : Spiced Rums

Pirate parties? Sign me up. Pirate rum. No thanks. I’m past the age of 7, I don’t need an animated character on my favorite drink.

If I’ve ever given you hell for drinking Pirate Rum (You know what I’m talking about… the one with a captain that doesn’t know how to stand normal… yea that one.) you aren’t alone. It’s only because I love you. And I want you to grow, and realize there are better tasting rums than the official drink of frat boys everywhere.

Here are some of my favorite spiced rums, in no particular order. Give them a shot… I promise you won’t ever spend another second wishing you were back on the pirate ship. 




Sailor Jerry

(Fun fact: Navy Veteran, Sailor Jerry (Norman "Sailor Jerry" Collins) revolutionized the art of tattooing . Seriously, read up on him. Very cool guy)


 Cruzan 9



 Bacardi Oakheart




My favorite way to enjoy spiced rum... with Coke. What can I say, I'm easy to pleasey! Cheers!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

BAHAHAHAHA. Does this have anything to do with my tweet the other night? ;) I have been wanting to try the Sailor Jerry... but haven't gotten around to it. In college I was a HUGE Morgan drinker, and so people like to give it to me as a gag gift. Free rum? OK thanks. :)

whitney said...

i'm so glad you listened to my suggestion...

on a real note: sailor jerry is my favorite spiced rum. with passion fruit juice. i think it is pretty delicious. but i mainly taste the rum. maybe i should put more juice in it next time?

Monica said...

Love Love Cruzan!

Unknown said...

This is a very timely post. I am about to head to the store to buy some rum. I will give one of these a shot! Thanks!

Unknown said...

we could totally be in real life friends haha :)