11.23.2010

Tearing up the house

A majority of my weekend was spent tearing up the house! What a fantastic stress reliever, ha! Just pulling out carpet, and ripping up floors and tearing down wallpaper... loved it!

Let me start off with a little diagram of my 1st floor layout that I tediously created (sarcasm) it's not true to scale at all, but whatevs. I kid you not, every room on the first floor is in it's own stage of disarray... and I LOVE IT! I can already see everything coming together and am so excited.
(Click to enlarge)
The sitting room is acting as a dumpster of sorts, holding all the torn-up kitchen flooring.



Speaking of kitchen, big kitchen remodel plans are gone to the wayside... We've figured out that by taking out the built-in that was in one corner, all appliances can easily fit and makes quite a nice kitchen layout! Helloooo money saver!



One of the first things we did after I got the keys was take up the linoleum floor in the kitchen. It was pulling up on the sides and yellowed and all around yuck! We found hardwoods underneath the subflooring that was under the linoleum! Woohoo!

What was once a fancy formal dining room is now a storage room of sorts, and the chair rail (which was actually upside-down baseboards) has been removed



The living room and entryway/stairway had some spiffy white damask and striped wallpaper, which was removed (thankfully, it came down pretty easily)

The living room had a lovely shade of pale green hiding beneath!


The sun room is now a lace-curtain graveyard


Phew what a mess! I have amazing parents and boyfriend who have been over there every day helping me work on the place. Don't know what I'd do without them! Sorry this post was such a cluster of everything... I am trying to figure out a more organized way to catalog what's being done, but until then I'll just play catch-up of what we've been working on!

Photobucket

10 comments:

So shay said...

How exciting! It looks like it is going to be incredibly cute when you are done!!! :) Owning a house is hard work, but so worth it!

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

Can't wait to see more! Looks like fun!

Kelly

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

This is amazing! I am soooo envious of you!! I cannot wait to see what you do with the place that's a HUGE fixer upper, but not that huge more of the lace graveyard like you said lol.

Ashley said...

Great work so far, I can't wait to see more. Keep up the good work!

Mateya said...

I have to be honest, I do not envy you at all.....that stuff is hard work! It's so worth it when you're done though! Just remember to give Chris an extra kiss or two for all his help ;)

Erica said...

Exciting! I'm glad you're so happy about it all:) We're currently smack dab in the middle of a complete kitchen, laundry room, and master bathroom remodel. I'm looking forward to following along with your projects too! I'm hoping to blog soon about where we're at w/ ours.

Jax said...

WOOHOO! This is exciting, even if it's a lot of work! Cant wait to see more pics!

Neely said...

I cant wait to see it when its finished! You are going to do such an amazing job Chelsea!

Sarah Ann said...

This is so exciting! It's going to be great!!

Alyssa said...

Looks like you are having so much fun!