9.13.2011

Girlfriend Cookies

I'd like to think I've pretty much perfected my chocolate chip cookie recipe.



I joke that not a week has gone by where I haven't made baked goods since moving into my house back in January, and it's true - aside from a few weeks where my butt was plopped on a beach!

These are my Girlfriend Cookies. You know, the kind of chocolate chip cookies that if any guy eats them he is guaranteed to make some sort of remark about how he wishes you were his girlfriend (or maybe even wife).  They are my most favorite cookies to make. Not only because I know the recipe by heart, but also because they are just so darn tasty!


Girlfriend Cookies


Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (3.5 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix* (This is the magic ingredient that makes your cookies soft & chewy)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips




Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars (and then if you're me, proceed to eat about 3 tablespoons full. That's my favorite thing ever!!)
Mix in your box of vanilla pudding, your eggs and your vanilla.
Combine flour & baking soda in a separate bowl. Gently mix that mixture into the sugar/butter concoction.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets & bake 10-12 minutes (I usually pull them out right around 9 because my oven bakes hot)

Let them cool, and then enjoy! I like them best in the morning at breakfast... honest! I usually eat 2 or 3 every morning with my coffee!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

You should mail some to me.... justttttt sayin' ;)

Melissa Jo said...

um, YUMM. i have to try this recipe.

Sandra said...

Pudding in a cookie!? Genius. Can't wait to try.

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Sounds yummy.. I'll have to give them a whirl.

Monica said...

Pudding in cookies is how I get them everytime. I have never met a man who didn't love me after they had some of them!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

I' making these Sunday so I can take them to work Monday for a pick me up.

I even have the puddin' waiting!