7.15.2010

The one about the driver's ed incident

Photobucket

This week I'm dedicating Thoughtless Thursday to a thoughtless little 16 year old.

Last week, Chris had gone to the BMV after work to get a new license (due to the placement of the holograph, EVERYONE thinks his says his year of birth is 1932 instead of 1982!) and renew his plates.

Shortly after I got home from work, I got a text from him saying "my car just got hit in the bmv parking lot by a girl taking her driving test" accompanied with this picture
After a few "shut up seriously..."s (I mean c'mon what are the chances!?) I said what any concerned girlfriend would say.... "Well, I hope they didn't pass her!"

So as the story goes, Chris was just finished up and walking out to his car, he saw the girl park and she was awfully close to his car, so she began to back up to correct her parking job. She cut the wheel a LITTLE too tight, and Chris watched the Driver's Ed Instructor screaming "STOP! STOP!" however, little miss super sweet 16 apparently chose to ignore her advice and CRUNCH, poor Kit (yes, Chris' car got a name courtesy of moi) got a nice, fairly deep scratch across both doors on the driver's side.
But get this... the girl said NOTHING to Chris. Not a word. She didn't apologize, she hardly even acknowledged she did something wrong! I don't know about you, but if that was me I would have been bawling and apologizing profusely!

I guess the cop really ripped into her, not to mention the instructor let her have it. Poor girl, her insurance rates are going up and she doesn't even have a learner's permit in her possession anymore!

10 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow, what are the chances of that?! She really shouldn't be driving! I hope he gets his car fixed soon! Her parents are probably pretty mad too haha, poor girl. I can't believe she didn't apologize to Chris at all! I would have been crying saying sorry!

Mateya said...

Yikes! Seriously, what are the odds?!

Kristen said...

Oh no! Whenever I have to go to the DMV I am very cautious of where I park for that exact reason!

Neely said...

That is sooooo not cool!

Katie said...

first off, i love any title that gives reference to friends. "the one with ..." genius. second, CAN'T believe this!!! what an idiot girl! i would've been freaking out and crying too!!!

thanks for playing chickadee, as always, LOVE your blog!

Jenn @ WestSacHoney said...

Oh my! That's a horrible first driving test. Wow I would never want to drive again and I can't believe she didn't say anything! Eek I'd not want to be her yesterday.

Annie said...

Poor Kit...what are the odds?!?!?

That poor girl wont be getting a license for a LONG time (with good reason)!!

Amber said...

Wow! I can't believe she didn't even apologize!

Tara said...

OMG!!! i would have definitely yelled at her too!

Lauren said...

OMG!! I can't believe that happened! It's awful for Chris, but pretty funny at the same time...