4.15.2010

Home Runs and Memories

Aside from our Colts, Indianapolis doesn't really excel in sports. We have a hockey team made up of kids fresh out of high school and a baseball team that's not much older! Regardless, I still love my Indianapolis Indians!

When I was in high school my cousin, our friend Caitlin and myself  worked at Victory Field. It was one of the funnest jobs I've ever had!  We were part of the "Guest Relations" crew which translates into running the kids games (Rowdy's Water Gun Fun, Fast Pitch, etc), selling programs and hanging out with Rowdy (our mascot). 

It was the best job... being out in the sun, you got to watch the baseball games and play on the kids games you were operating! Sigh, I just needed a moment to reminisce! 

On another note, I reached surpassed my goal for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. The walk is this coming Saturday, and I am so glad to know I've helped!

One more thing, do you ever get random friend requests on Facebook? I've gotten 3 this week... one Monday, one Tuesday and one today. It's people I've never met, we aren't friends with any of the same people and their names/faces aren't ringing any bells. I'm so confused by this!! Where are they coming from and why do I get one a day?!

4 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I love going to Indian's games!! So fun in the summer!! :) I love our downtown, too!

I get requests all the friggin' time....I am picky on who I accept! Ha!

Mateya said...

Ugh I hate those random friend requests too...it's sort of creepy!

Sam said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal! Is it too late to donate?

Aww, sounds like a great job! Making me want summer even more now, hehee.

I hate the random FB adds! I always wonder how the heck they even found me!

Caroline said...

I love baseball. Congrats on surpassing your goal!