4.04.2012

Drunken Donuts Bread Pudding

A lot of you have asked about the bread pudding recipe using donuts that I made, your wish is my command!


I stumbled upon this Donut Bread Pudding recipe by Paula Deen (you know it's bound to be good if Paula makes it)

I made a few tweaks though, below is my version of the recipe:

Drunken Donuts Bread Pudding

Ingredients

  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fruit cocktail, with their juice
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 (9-ounce) box raisins
  • Pinch salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • About 16 glazed donuts, cut into cubes
  • Butter Rum Sauce, recipe follows

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients. Add the donut cubes and toss until they have absorbed as much of the liquid as possible. Pour the mixture into a 13"x9" casserole dish and bake for 1 hour. Serve with Butter Rum Sauce.

Butter Rum Sauce:

  • 1 stick butter
  • 1/2 (1-pound) box confectioners' sugar
  • dark rum, to taste (I used Appleton Special Rum, about 1/4 cup)
In a saucepan, melt the butter and gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over Drunken Donut Bread Pudding





 Photobucket

6 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

oh me oh my..... my donut loving self is lusting over this.

Jessica said...

YUM! Thanks!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

YUM!

whitney said...

hows about you keep the fruit cocktail and i keep the rum?

orrrr we can just drink the rum together?

Jen said...

Yum!! I am going to make this for my hubby!

Al said...

You know, and I had just worked up the willpower to stay away from yummies like this...

Oh well. Eat, drink, and be merry!
I think I shall :)

xoxo