7.12.2011

Target Tuesday : Itsy Bitsy Bikini

I'm gettin my act together & linking up with Tara for her fun little weekly thingamajig - Target Tuesday - to show you the fun finds I got at Target this weekend!


People who know me in real life always laugh because I hatehatehateeee things to be all "matchy matchy". Included in this are outfits, room decor, jewelry, doesn't matter... I HAVE to mix things up. It's just me!


So I've been all over the mismatched bikini trend for a few years now. I've been known to drive those around me crazy with it... this past weekend at the pool soemone even asked me, 'do you not have any bikini's that match!?' Hehe =)






This is what I was rockin when said question was posed. I always reply that I gotta spice things up a bit! Bonus:  The bottoms are WAY more 'highlighter green' in real life... they are so fun! Plus I found each piece on the clearance rack for $5 and some change.

Whatev... I dig it. And that's all that matters, right?!

Photobucket

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

I completely agree that things do not need to be so matchy matchy. I think it means you have no style technically when EVERYTHING matches. Mixing things up adds more personality.

Michelle (michabella) said...

LOL, YOU WOULD! I got a bathing suit at Target and had people thinking I got it at VS! #ftw

xoxo

tara said...

I'm sure you look super hot in that bikini. Hate you! :)

Heather said...

Those look so cute together! I would've never thought of that.

Holly said...

I like to buy my swimsuits at the end of the season when they are on clearance, and you know nothing ever matches at that point. Thanks for the confidence to mix and match! And I think it's always fun to spice things up!

Jen said...

I think it's cute!!

Yvette said...

Cute, good finds! It sounds like you just need to go to a more fashion forward pool, that guy clearly missed the memo. I did a post with Jordin Sparks who mixed and matched from Target too!

http://fashionandhistrionics.blogspot.com/2011/06/more-celebrity-bikini-styles.html

Caroline said...

Cute! And I can't believe I never saw it before Michelle mentioned it, but you do look like Pippa!

Lindsey said...

and you say its okay to wear a jean jacket?!?! just kidding! so should i be mismatching all of my suits?!?! Help fashionista

Anonymous said...

I like it!! :) Very fun and cute!

Celia Houck said...

that is so cute! i'm too scared to mix & match.

i mean, does solid black, and black+white polka dots count. :)

Courtney B said...

CUTE!! I am a matchy matchy kind of girl, but mostly because I'm scared to go out of my comfort zone haha! Bikini's are the perfect place for me start mis matching :)

Mateya said...

I'm kind of in the middle. I do like to do the mis-match every once in awhile but sometimes I just prefer to go with the plain black.

I have to do whatever it takes to appear slimmer ya know haha!

Melissa Jo said...

it will be perfect for your vacay! so cute!

Allison said...

I have the same top, but with matching bottoms. :)

I don't know why, but I've never been into the mix and match. For some reason I always feel like I look like a retard, but it looks good on everyone else-LOL

love jenny xoxo said...

Target has some cute swimsuits and I love the clearance rack... seems like I can always find something!

XOXO

Bad Joan said...

Love your "mismatch" the teal and yellow are great together!

http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com