3.06.2014

Five.


I realized this morning that I started this blog five years ago.

Five. 

If I was one of those people who made 5-year plans I could probably kick back and laugh at how not on-track my life is now compared to what I envisioned back then.

But I'm not, so I'll spare you that shred of boring. I would write about graduating college, projects I started, stuff I baked, trips I took. No one commented except my best friend, Jenn.

No one knew about my blog, because it seemed weird. Bloggers are weird, right? Geeky little chicks that hang out in the corner of the library on their Macbooks, documenting the world around them.

Fast forward five years, people recognize me in public because of my social media "presence". I use that term loosely, because let's face it - I'm totally 'little fish', but it's still so funny to me.

The other weekend, I was at my nieces birthday party and a friend of my brothers approached me and started talking to me about how funny the stuff I tweeted was. I'll run into people who will call me "Miss Chelsea", or friends will bring up stuff amidst conversation that I blogged about months ago.

There's been a whole lotta comedy, a fair share of serious talk here, and of course a decent dose of drama.

There's been new loves, new houses, graduations, job offers, escapades and adventures, babies, and break-ups.

I've made a handful of awesome friends from this little corner of the internet. I can keep my family and friends I don't see nearly enough up to date on my shenanigans. I can entertain randoms, and probably a stalker here and there.

I rarely call myself a "blogger" because I just don't feel like I fit that bill, but I am glad I've been documenting and sharing this little life of mine for the past half of a decade. It's been a fun ride, kiddos.

I'm eager to see what kind of stories I get to share in the next fiver!


  Photobucket

9 comments:

Alyssa said...

Woah, congrats! It's awesome to be able to look back and see all the things you've done and have forgotten about. Although sometimes I look back and think what on earth was I doing/thinking??!

Jen said...

You are amazing my friend! :)

Holly said...

Happy 5 years!!! So glad we've "met"!!!!

Rebecca Jo said...

Where does the time go? :)

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

5 years can go by in no time. and it's great to have awesome friends.

Would love for you to come join my hop @ http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-hop-2014.html

Mateya said...

5 years?! Crazy! Although I know I've been following for a good majority of them :)

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Oooooh blogging! Happy Blog-a-versary!

A Brew of Blessings said...

Yay for 5 years! Here's to you and this adorable space of yours:)

Mary said...

Congrats!!