4.08.2011

Spontaneity

Looking for a little explanation to this post? You've come to the right place!

Wednesday night, after girls night got postponed, I grabbed Cracker Barrel with my parents and settled into bed around 10 that night.

Not even 2 hours later I was awoken from my biscuit&gravy induced coma to my phone vibrating. Confused and out of it, I assumed it was my 6:24am alarm, and tried to "Snooze" it. And then it started vibrating again, and I again hit "snooze".

In reality I was hanging up on my best friend, Jenn of JaggedLittleLife, who was calling me from Vegas. Then I roll over to a see the following text message:


"Cody says he will fly you to Vegas this weekend"

Uhhhhhsaywhat?!

Cody is Jenn's husband's best friend. It just so happens that everytime I was out in Salt Lake City (when Jenn & Rob lived there), Cody was also there visiting Rob (he is a Seattle-ite).
Cody & Rob picking us up from the airport in SLC (They even took our bags, what gentlemen)

He felt it wouldn't be a proper Visit-Jenn-&-Rob vacation without my presence, and graciously volunteered to foot the bill for my flight out there (of course I've promised to pay him back with any winnings!)

After about 3 hours of "are you serious?" "I can't accept that!" texts back and forth (on my end) and a lot of "come! it will be fun!" and "ok not this weekend, how about next" on Jenn and Cody's end I told them that it was 2am and I was going to sleep on it, and would give them an answer in the morning.


So yesterday morning, I decided what the heck?! I didn't have any big plans for that weekend and I really miss Jenn, and could really use a getaway... and so I woke Cody up at 5:45am Seattle time (whoops) and told him I was game!

After my 23rd THANK YOU!!! Cody played it off, referring to it as just a "random act of kindness", to which I assured him his karma just got bumped up by 32 points.
Bright and early next Friday I'll be ploppin my butt on a (fingers crossed) window seat of a redbelly and jetting out west for 4 days of 85degree weather and good times!

Here's to hoping I win big so after repaying the kindness I can bring a little chunk of dough home too! haha

You can check out my first trip to Vegas here!

(Of course, being the awesome friend I am... we decided we should come up with a sob story and convince Jenn I wasn't coming first, hence why I couldn't blog about this yesterday! hehe She now knows the whole truth and is equally as excited. I think we've swapped 300 "I CANT WAITTTT!"s in the past 24 hours!)
Photobucket

18 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Ahhh, I am sooooo jealous that you're going!!!!!

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

You lucky lady! How exciting and fun! I AM SUPA JELLY!

Becca Christensen said...

Oh em gee. So excited for you. I love love love to go places.

Alyssa said...

That is so fun! Have a blast- and a drink for me!

Jennifer said...

WOW, that is really awesome. Have fun!

Jax said...

Ohmygosh how freaking cool!! What a great guy and a great trip and random act of kindness! I love this!!! :) Have absolutely so much fun! I cannot wait to read about it!!

Brooke T said...

That'll be so much fun and that's so nice of him!

love jenny xoxo said...

how fun!!! I wish that happened to me!! have a great time!

XOXO

Gwen said...

How fun!!! What a nice surprise from your friends. Hav a fabulous time!!!

Kristen said...

How cool is that!

Have fun!

Cassie said...

That is the most awesome thing I have read in a while!!!! Ahhh, so exciting and definitely worth getting woken up for!

Neely said...

How have I been reading both of yalls blogs and had NO idea that yall were best friends? thats awesome!

Marian said...

Have an effing blast girl!! Life just wouldn't be the same without these moments!!

Brandi said...

Wow that's awesome! :)

Mommy Of A Jamexican said...

AHH! How FUN! I hope you seriously have(had) an AMAZING time! :)

River said...

Wow you are so so lucky! Have an amazing time, and good luck on winning!

Ross said...

What a great guy to do that! Hope you had a great time while you were there and at the same time won some money. Great site you have! Looking forward to coming back and reading more.

Aubrey S. said...

That's awesome. Hope you have a great time with your friends.