1.17.2011

Details

I've been moved into my house since last weekend, and am finally beginning to feel some sort of organized chaos as I get used to everything.

While I'm in the process of making a house my home I've found it's the little details that make me feel most 'at home'.

Like the 3 glass vases next to my fireplace that I got on super clearance from Joann Fabrics



Or the antique kids chair that my mom made a cushion for using leftover drapery fabric, just for my niece!



There's a stack of games on the bookshelf for when friends come by



And magnetic letters on my fridge that everyone loves to play with



I have a bright & cheery china cabinet full of Fiesta dishes and other serving pieces I've collected along the way



And a beat up card catalog in my entry way perfect for hiding mittens and other goodies by the front door



An old metal cabinet found it's way into my kitchen and became the perfect perch for my beloved mixer and baking accessories



My mom brought over a box of vintage bottles that she found in their garage, they now adorn the windowsill above my kitchen sink



And the shelves built onto the side of the upper cabinets that flank that window have become the ideal resting spot for spice jars



It may not be perfect yet, but it's getting there!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's getting there!!! :)

Caroline said...

What great finds!! I love it!

Just Add Walter said...

love the card cabinet!!

Jamie Pickle said...

It's lookin' good. So exciting!!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Cute!! You should put some pictures in your vintage bottles. :)

Laura said...

Cute details! I love those vases by your fireplace - I'm going to have to check out my Joanns!

Jax said...

YAY for moving in to the casa and getting settled! The pics look fabulous! Loving the card catalog!