8.26.2010

Poor Spence Dog

Photobucket

My poor Spencer hurt his dewclaw over the weekend. (Yes, I had to wikipedia 'dewclaw', I keep calling it his 'thumb claw' ha!)

He kept licking it and licking it Saturday afternoon so I finally decided to put Neosporin on it and wrap it up, otherwise he would have licked his skin raw. It looks like he caught it on something and maybe snagged his claw. Poor pup!
I've been changing the bandage daily, and last night when I went to do it he wouldn't drop his stuffed flea... it was too cute. Like a little kid holding his stuffed animal while he gets his shots!

Don't worry, it's healing up quite well! Bring your thoughlessness along and play with Miss Katie!

PS - Kelly, Spencer has his JewDog in that top picture!
Photobucket

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw poor spence! but that is too cute about the stuffed animal :)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Aww!! Poor spence :( That breaks my heart!

Kristen said...

Aww..poor pup! Hope he heals up quickly!

Lauren said...

Aww poor Spence!! Hope he feels better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Spence! :( Gracie broke her dewclaw nail one time... blood was gushing all over... I FREAKED OUT!! Get better fast pup!!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Aw we have the same type of dog! A bishon right? My lab always hurts his dewclaw too and I do the same thing otherwise they don't stop licking it. He'll be better soon enough!

Amber said...

Dixie has had a hurt dewclaw a few times before. It is so painful for them! Here's hoping your pooch gets to feeling better soon!

Notes From ABroad said...

OW... that sounds awful. Poor little pup.
Kisses and love from the big Pup as well as from me.

Abby said...

Aw, poor little precious! You're a good pup mommy!

love jenny xoxo said...

poor little guy, but he is sooo cute, especially with this little stuffed animal!! I love dogs!!

XOXO

http://lovejennyxoxo.blogspot.com

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

Aww poor Spence!! I hope he heals up soon. ♥

During the bad snow storm this past winter, we had lots of salt on the sidewalks so they wouldn't freeze and Snuggles kept walking in it and it dried her paws up. So bad that her carpal pad (the tiny pad about the big paw pad) was falling off!! I also wrapped it up with neosporin but took her to the vets because it had to be cut off. Otherwise she might have chewed it off. For some reason, it didn't seem to bother her though.

The Robinsons said...

Such a cute dog!!! I wish my little guy didn't have his du-claws.. They grow so fast and I cannot cut his nails to save my life. I hope your little one gets better. So adorable!

Annie said...

Awww...poor little baby!!

Brooke D said...

soo precious!!!! poor little guy!!