10.13.2010

Humbling

My brother shared this link with me yesterday, The Global Richlist. It's humbling to say the least - my line of work is FAR from being glamorous and high-paying, and I often grumble and make jokes about it! But after looking at it from this perspective I really am incredibly thankful.

I'm willing to take a guess that most of us are in the 10% of the world! It makes my heart sad to think that 90% of the world is living with (often times) way, way less than I have.

Check it out - what'd you think? How do you rank?
Photobucket

8 comments:

Alyssa said...

That is crazy!

Tiffany said...

Wow... I had to enter mine twice..It said I was in the top 1% of the world! Crazy, and definitely makes me think when I complain about my job and money?!

Lauren said...

Hmm... I really wonder how accurate this is???! I entered mine twice too, and I am also in the top 1%. I wonder how this would compare in just the US alone?

Neely said...

Wow that is pretty humbling

Jen said...

Holy cow, that is definitely incredibly humbling.

Kristen said...

Oooff..I better quit complaining!

Thanks for sharing.

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

wow, thanks for that...I'm in the top 95% in the world, and I didn't even combine our salaries!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

That's a cool link! It says that I'm in the top 7.16% richest people in the world!