2.06.2013

Bacongeddon 2.0

A year ago, us single soldiers banded together on the lonely Valentine holiday to warm our hearts in the best way possible, by eating bacon.

First tossed out as a joke, Bacongeddon was born. Oh the camaraderie.

Sometime down the line I picked up a boyfriend, therefore ruining my single status, and the bacongeddon ritual. Not to be deterred, we bumped our newly born tradition back a few weeks and on a snowy January night we bonded over bacon yet again. I even let the boyfriend tag along.


Our newfound holiday expanded from four Valentine loners to a house full of friends. The only requirement to get in the door - bring a bacon dish.

There was sriracha bacon, chocolate-covered bacon, candied bacon, bacon cheesy bread, bacon wrapped tots, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, bourbon bacon brownies (I bet you didn't guess I brought that one), bacon cupcakes, and probably more that I've forced out of my mind because I'm still suffering a bacon hangover.


I think someone totaled it up and there was over 18 pounds of bacon? Needless to say, we all left at the end of the night ridiculously cheery and cholesterol-clogged.
God bless America. And pigs. 

Photobucket

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

BAHAHAHA! I love this so much. And now I need to try ALL of those recipes!!

docksidelove said...

WOW! That's a lot of bacon... my boyfriend would be in his gloooory!

Jen said...

Oh how I love all things bacon, especially bacon vodka! Yum!

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

Hilarious! I LOVE ME SOME BACON!

KRISTIN said...

This is amazing! My brother-in-law is OBSESSED with bacon, so I just sent him this post! :) For X-mas I got him Bacon Soda, Bacon Salad dressing, Bacon band-aids, Bacon gum, and Jalapeno/Bacon salt.

Mary said...

hahaha love this idea!