12.20.2012

Five year journal.

How does a month fly by in the blink of an eye?

I figured if the world ended tomorrow I may as well get one last blog post up. You know... go out with a bang, right?

It's gotten to the point where friends and family are even pointing out that I haven't blogged since late November.

I was sitting next to an older fella on my flight home from Baltimore a few days ago (yes, I was able to go visit the boy again!) and he was writing in this "Five Year Journal". Each page was a date, with 5 sections, one for each year. And I thought to myself, what a cool idea... I need one of those!

And then I laughed and shook my head, realizing this blog is my five year journal. I'm quickly approaching the 4 year mark.  Four years worth of posts. Musings. Rants. Stories. Happiness. Heartbreak.

I promise to not be such a stranger, if not for my readers, for myself. Because nobody wants to look back on a blank five year journal!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Katie said...

I started a "one-line" journal a year or so ago. And then I too realized I'd much rather blog. My blog is my journal.

Jennifer said...

I asked for a mom journal like this for Christmas.

christin said...

i misss yyyoouuu. come back!

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

I am sure I speak for many, but I know at least for me personally... I HAVE MISSED YA GURLFRANNN!!!! Glad your back and I loved this post! You are definitely right...

Mateya said...

I need to get better about this too. And actually write and not just post pictures of my kid.