8.06.2012

The things you learn from Man's Best Friend

(My sister-in-law will surely kick my butt if she finds out I'm sharing this story... and if my blog is still lurking on the internet when my niece grows up, she will kick it as well)

Yesterday morning after our weekly family breakfast, we were all hanging out in the front yard when my niece suddenly became fascinated with the dogs doing their business in the yard. She kept asking "what are they doing? why? why?" and would squat down to check out their rear ends after they finished their business. We were all cracking up at her curiosity and just laughed it off.


I stuck around my parents house after they left to help my mom paint my brother's old room and my old room. As the afternoon turned into evening, my brother & sister-in-law came back over to cookout. We were wrapping up dinner when my sister-in-law mentioned how Liv hadn't used the, ahhem, restroom in a few days.

My mom cracked some joke about how she goes everytime she plays in her little pool in the backyard. Naturally, this escalates into full blown discussion and before you know it my niece is in a diaper in her little pool in the backyard.

You already know where this story is going.

A little bit of time passes and little curly-cued girl proclaims she has to go poopy. Before anyone could say anything, she jumps out of her pool, whips her diaper off, and runs out into the grass where she proceeds to start squatting like she had seen the dogs doing earlier.

Lord help me if I ever have children. I would have abs of steel from laughing at their shenanigans

(Note: she did not go in the yard, her efforts to be like the furry four-legged pals were intercepted... but the sheer audacity of the situation had us all laughing our butts off)

Photobucket

13 comments:

Carolyn said...

OMG! This story is SO CUTE! But you're right. Your niece is totally going to kill you someday. HAHA

Sandra said...

omg. I can imagine the laughter! You are gonna have to be Super Aunt so neither of them kill you. lol!

Stacy Kinard said...

Hilarious!!
Oh the things kids do! Love!!

Nikki said...

OMG this is precious! You will sit back years form now telling this and laugh your behind off!

Alyssa said...

Ha Love this story!!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

TOOOOOO funny!! lol!! What an innocent girl :)

Kristen said...

Too funny!!

Monica said...

That is hilarious!

Jen said...

Haha this is hilarious!!!!!! Oh the things kids do. :)

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

LOL. that is tooo too funny!

p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

xo brie
www.sophistifunkblog.blogspot.com

K said...

OMG! That is too funny!!! Kids are HYRSTERICAL sometimes!

Melissa Jo said...

And this is the EXACT reason why being an Aunt is literally the best gift ever!!!

undomestic mama said...

Dying laughing.