(Note: While opinions are my own, this is a sponsored post, and may contain affiliate links)
The thing about buying a “fixer upper” that someone else is doing the fixing on… you’ve got to put a lot of trust into that fella.
Both Tate & I agreed, that since we were fans of the builders other homes in the area, we wouldn’t become those overbearing, nit-picky buyers who insist on choosing every single door know, window frame, and hardware accent.
That’s not to say a girl can’t dream though! Through this whole house-hunting process I’ve come to learn that, kitchens aside, one of the biggest ‘surprises’ always ends up being the bathrooms.
Especially in flipped homes, they can range from traditional (think: penny tiles, porcelain claw foot tubs, etc) to super modern (floating vanities, bright chrome accessories, stark white finishes).
My tastes always fall within the traditional, boho styles. Tate's more of a modern, simplistic kind of guy. I won't indulge you on how many tiffs stemmed from a potential home's bathroom these past few months! I've spent a lot of time perusing the internet for mixes of our styles, and was pleasantly surprised when I came across all the great products offered by the online company, PlumbTile
I'm anxiously awaiting finding out what our new bathrooms will look like... in the mean time, join me for a little day-dream'y walk down what I'd love to see when they hand us the keys...
1) I absolutely adore this new style of wood-look tiles that are popping up. As a self-proclaimed "tile-hater" these have definitely changed my mind on the topic...
2) A sink that holds true to the antique style of the house, such as this one. Not to mention classic hardware to go with it!)
3) Minimalist accessories, such as this towel ring
4) A simple mirror, in an unexpected shape.
5) An industrial style light to add some edge to the space
6) A teak bathmat, for a little bit of nature.
I'd add some bright colored rugs and towels, a bold paint color on the walls, and a few plants to really complete the space.
What about your dream bath? What do you want to wake up to every morning?